Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

02-17-2012

Ireland

11 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 2

Bootup problems on new X220

2012-02-17, 13:23 PM

Hi,

I started my new X220. It set up Windows for me. In Windows, I ran Windows Update, and it asked me to reboot.

Problem: The machine booted up into a view of the wallpaper only ("Think" and "Windows 7 Professional" on the black wallpaper).

It does not ask me for a log in. I cannot get it to shut down Windows fully - pressing the power button for several seconds powers down the machine, but pressing it again goes through the bios startup, then to "Windows is resuming", and back to this wallpaper view.

Strangley, it does respond to function keys. For example, Fn+F5 brings up the dialog for turning on or off radio networks.

What should I do? I cannot even force shutdown Windows, rather than hibernating/sleeping it.

Answer
Options

14 Posts

02-17-2012

Ireland

11 Signins

56 Page Views

Re: Bootup problems on new X220

2012-02-17, 13:28 PM

Fixed.

Perhaps I should have been holding the power button down for even longer than after the "beep" when shutting down, as this time Windows is starting up fresh, and I can log in.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

14 Posts

02-17-2012

Ireland

11 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: Bootup problems on new X220

2012-02-17, 13:28 PM

Fixed.

Perhaps I should have been holding the power button down for even longer than after the "beep" when shutting down, as this time Windows is starting up fresh, and I can log in.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms