Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShadowStriker15
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,430
Message 1 of 3

Bottom Cover Tamper Detection

I had to reset my drive for my Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd gen laptop because I was getting a 2100 detection error. Unfortunately, now I'm faced with a bottom cover tamper detection error every time I open up my laptop. I even checked in bios and the detection is disabled but this is obviously not true. If anyone has any insight in such a frustrating issue I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Chatt16
Paper Tape
Views: 1,021
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bottom Cover Tamper Detection

This was a new error to me.  The user can hit escape but it is a pain to have to 'watch' the computer and hit escape if one is installing software that takes multiple reboots (aka Windows OS updates).

I checked the BIOS on the machine, bottom cover tamper detection was not enabled, yet here is the message showing everytime the user boots the laptop.  For yucks I enabled it, rebooted, disabled it, rebooted and hey we're back at the same message.  The user did state the laptop had recently dropped so perhaps that is the answer as to why.

How one fixes this so the message of a non-enabled task does not pause the machine on every boot, I have yet to discover.

Chatt16
Paper Tape
Views: 1,007
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bottom Cover Tamper Detection

Fixed this issue by removing the back cover - looking at it, not seeing anything disconnected, put back on rebooted - message gone!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors