cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glamisduner
Paper Tape
Views: 195
Message 1 of 3

Bought an X1Extreme on Black Friday, Smart Card Reader Missing?

I Finally got my new laptop.  It appears the smart card reader is blocked off?  This appeared to be a standard feature acording to the lenovo website, but now it looks like it's only an option if you customize your thinkpad.  The pictures above configuration options that were available clearly show a smart card port...  Very misleading.

Can I add the smart card reader after the fact (I need it for work).  Or is my only option to buy a whole new laptop Smiley Sad.  I remember wondering why I couldn't customize the laptop configuration after I selected the higher end one, I would have opted to install my own 2TB hard drive instead of the 1TB it came with too, as well as upgraded to 64gb memory (32 is enough for now but I'm running docker containers and VMs).

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 173
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bought an X1Extreme on Black Friday, Smart Card Reader Missing?

Looking at the sales site, it looks like the smart card is oinly an option available when you customoze

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
glamisduner
Paper Tape
Views: 124
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bought an X1Extreme on Black Friday, Smart Card Reader Missing?

It seems to only be obvious when you click on teh customizable version of the laptop.  From all the pictures it is currently shown as a standard feature. I'm not sure if the customizable ones were even on sale for Cyber Monday or black friday (I can't remember that far back but I did find it strange that I was not able to customize my laptop at the time).  Is there a way I can add a card reader after the fact or is it soldered onto the motherboard?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors