Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexjcurrie
Paper Tape
Views: 490
Message 1 of 6

Brand new Thinkpad X1 Extreme Screen Glitch

Every once in a while (seemingly random) my screen will glitch out completely. I have no control over the cursor or keyboard and i have to turn off the computer to fix the issue temporarily. The laptop is about a week old and i have tried updating the graphics drivers but the glitch still occurs. 

I will attach some photos of the screen.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

20190123_195442.jpg

20190123_164642.jpg

davidrobertw
What's DOS?
Views: 311
Message 2 of 6

Re: Brand new Thinkpad X1 Extreme Screen Glitch

Did you ever figure anything out? I've been having this problem every few hours on my ThinkPad X1 Extreme. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 297
Message 3 of 6

Hi alexjcurrie!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Lets check for further updates on the drivers of the graphics card of your computer by opening the Lenovo Vantage app and run a system update. If the app not yet installed on your computer, you can download it here. 

https://vantage.lenovo.com/

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

cg_fxdx
What's DOS?
Views: 224
Message 4 of 6

I've had the same horrible experience w/ mine. I went w/ the onsite support and they came out and replaced the display. That didn't fix it. Now they are going to try the system board.  We'll see.  At first they wanted to swap out the SSD, but here's the thing... If I connect the laptop to an external display and close the lid... all works beautifully.  But, you know, I paid for a laptop not a tower.  I'm up to date on all patches/updates and it flies through the system check w/ no issues spotted. Very dissatisfied.  They tell me they'll have to perform three major fixes before this gets escalated to the next level.  All the while the laptop gets manhandled and opened up, which annoys me as you never know what other connections and such are comprimised.   I've got imagine that Lenovo knows about this issue somewhere in their hierarchy, but why they don't set us up w/ the next revision of this laptop and send us on our way is beyond me. That would make for loyal customers.

I'll let you know how it goes and be more vocal on other forums to save folks the hassle of dealing w/ this issue. Fingers crossed, cg.

wang54599
What's DOS?
Views: 147
Message 5 of 6

I got the same problem. Have you fixed the issue?

cg_fxdx
What's DOS?
Views: 95
Message 6 of 6

I've gone about two weeks on my new system board replacement and I haven't had the system-freeze/screen-issue yet. I'll keep you all posted, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear now. Hope this helps someone else. If your situation is like mine and the laptop works great connected to another display, you might want to push for the system board replacement. Best of luck, and I'll keep my fingers crossed. -cg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors