cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skfg
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 1 of 4

Brand new x1 yoga 4th gen top speakers don't work. Lenovo told me it isn't under warranty

I just got my x1 yoga 4th gen today and the top speakers don't work. I called tech support. I got tranferred 3 times and was on the phone for 1  1/2 hours. The second person I spoke to told me that if it is a software problem it isn't under warranty. I told her if everything isn't under warranty on the first day I get it I will send it back. They then tried to talk me into sending it to a lenovo repair shop for repairs. I told them I  just got it today and I am not sending it to a repair shop. Then they tell me I only have 21 days from the time I get it to return it. I again told them I just got it today. Finally they said they can send me a new computer and then I can send this one back. If I do agree to a new one is my 21 day time frame to return it still ticking? What if the second one doesn't work? Lenovo seems very difficult to work with.  How in the world would anything about a new computer not be under warranty on the first day?. Any suggestions? As much trouble as I have had today I am afraid to deal with Lenovo. This computer cost to much money to not be under warranty.  As far as the speakers are concerned I tried to update the drivers and that didn't help. Has anyone else had speaker issues? 

Guru
Views: 269
Message 2 of 4

Re: Brand new x1 yoga 4th gen top speakers don't work. Lenovo told me it isn't under warranty

Welcome to the forums.  Sorry to hear about your problems.  You did what I would have done.  If it does not work out of the box and you have updated all software I would exchange the laptop for a new one.   I would not allow them to do a repair on a brand new computer.  

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

LaDyBugLDB
What's DOS?
Views: 161
Message 3 of 4

Re: Brand new x1 yoga 4th gen top speakers don't work. Lenovo told me it isn't under warranty

I received my X1Y4 on 8/15.  I noticed today 8/19 that the front/top speaker does not work. I plan to call support when they reopen.

nnally
Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 4 of 4

It seems to work in some scenarios. I think this is part of the Dolby Atmos sound. Chances are it will be fixed with a driver update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors