CH

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 1

Buttons on Pen not working correctly [X1 Yoga Gen.4]

2020-10-15, 13:22 PM

Hi

I have a problem. Most of the time the Pen is working perfectly, but when I put the laptop in to "energy saver mode" and and wake it back up again, often the Buttons on the Front of the Pen don't Work correctly anymore. I have set the button in the front to "eraser" and the button behind the other one to "pen button" and usually the eraser button gets converted in to a pen button.

If I want them to work correctly again, most of the time I can open the "Lenovo Pen Settings" App, change the assignment of the Buttons to something else and back and they start working again. If this does not work a restart of the system does the trick. (I usually use the Pen in Microsoft OneNote)

In addition to that, the button on the back of the pen always behaves strangely. I had it set to the "screen snipping" tool which worked only sometimes right after boot up. If I set this one to a system function like mute, it seems to work a little more reliably.

I have a Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen. 4 and this happens with the integrated Pen, with the Original Lenovo Active Pen and with a Bamboo Pen I have been using since. In addition to that a few of my colleagues at school have the same problem (two with an X1 Yoga and one with an L-Series Yoga I believe). which leads me to believe it is a driver issue.

I have had contact to the phone support from Lenovo and told them all of this, but they weren't really able to fix this issue. 

Maybe here someone can help me.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete