cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alzerha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,555
Message 61 of 116

Re: Calling P1 and X1 Extreme users to update BIOS 1.19 - fan noise much better now!

Find attached an snapshot : plugged AC adapter, better Performance setting.

Fans still make the same issue...

stabilitytest2.png

Does anyone have a good configuration setting who is not noisy ?

Does it possible to control fan manualy ?

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee Henrydong
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,540
Message 62 of 116

Re: Calling P1 and X1 Extreme users to update BIOS 1.19 - fan noise much better now!

Thank you, I can only say your fan doesn’t work as what we designed for BIOS 1.19. But I don’t know why unless I get in touch with your computer.

You can go to BIOS, and check the BIOS version, if it’s 1.19 for sure, then I would recommend look for help from Lenovo warranty - just say fan doesn’t work well and noisy.

I apologize for the uncomfortable experience, and believe our field service should be able to correct the problem.

Alzerha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,525
Message 63 of 116

Lenvo vantage was write Bios 1.19 when i received it 2 days ago.

Strangly after reinstalled Bios 1.19 and nVidia video driver: V25.21.14.1735 from Lenovo support, fans spin now better arround 2200rpm.

Really more confortable !

But does there is a way to they rotate less frequently ? 

(find attached picture - graph scale is about 5 second)

stabilitytest3.png

Alzerha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,449
Message 64 of 116

Hi,
Does t possible for you to send me an screenshot about Best Performance mode to see what is "normal" ?
Thanks

Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,441
Message 65 of 116

2200RPM at given CPU power was what we expected on BIOS 1.19, looks like your computer working as design now. 

If you don't have frequently large task requirs extreme performance, you can set the power mode to "Better performance", fan behavior would be more smooth.

And when fan runs at 2200RPM, there's only very little noise which should not bother you - it's way less than the noise from air conditioner.

Alzerha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,435
Message 66 of 116

It's already to better performance, but i have checked, the fans and global temperature are going alone to 58°C, and the fans are to spin..

(without any program, like idle mode)

Does there is a way to turn the fans constanly at 1800/2000rpm for exemple, to replace this system ?

Beaucasue in fact, each sofware that opening put the temperature above to 58°C during few second and the fans are to spin during 1 minute to 2200rpm to take back the computer arround 48°C.

Sound correct, but i'm not sure that the engenier is going in the best way.

For my iMac, the fans is runing constanly to a lower level and it's really more confortable for the ears than Lenovo...

Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,425
Message 67 of 116

I got your point and appreciate your kind advice, honestly you're absolutely reasonable and I had the same preference before.

The reason we didn't make 1800/2000RPM - in short words - the current 2200RPM was a balance of noise and thermal capacity.  

we certainly could set lowest RPM at 1800/2000 or any number less than 2200RPM, however we found it didn't work so well, with any decent work loading fan would spin up. Frequently up and down was more annoying. 

BIOS 1.19 was a significant change from previous fan table, and the feedback most likes positive. we will continue to tweak it, this is a very careful work to balance all different user scenarios vs a quiet fan behavior - hopefully we can make it even better on next release. 

Alzerha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,417
Message 68 of 116

I agree about the 2200rpm and the 1.19. It's really a good improve.

Noone can say it's was better before at arround 2800 rpm, it was really noisy.

Maybe it's better with the i7 8850, but i really think it will be better for everyone to have an fan constanly running at low rpm (maybe with less battery) than constanly a fan going to 0 to 2200 rpm each 5/10minutes in idle... 

It's quiet but for someone like me alone in a room, it's really better to get a fan noise constant for small softwares application.

surahman
SCSI Port
Views: 1,398
Message 69 of 116

How is everyone monitoring their fan speeds? I'm not having issues with thermals and the fans don't seem to spin up unless there any long running computationally expensive processes, but I am curious to see where fan speeds are sitting. I'm not seeing fan speeds listed in HWMonitor.

Alzerha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,395
Message 70 of 116

You can try Aida64.

It will be plaisant if somene can share is experience/confirguration without  fans problems...

Can you share your laptop configuration ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors