cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DroidCue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 652
Message 111 of 120

Re: Calling P1 and X1 Extreme users to update BIOS 1.19 - fan noise much better now!

Yes power light turns on, cpu fans also turn on and in 2 to 3 seconds the all lights goes off/dead.

This happens every time I press the power button. After I keep trying to power on the laptop again and again it may start randomly once.

Once it boots it works fine but if it reboot or sleep the laptop it will go dead again. 

DroidCue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 625
Message 112 of 120

Re: Calling P1 and X1 Extreme users to update BIOS 1.19 - fan noise much better now!

Just made a video of this. https://youtu.be/NeuUgsQp28Y
DroidCue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 617
Message 113 of 120

@Henrydong wrote:

@DroidCue,

Try to understand - 1 out of 10-20 times, when you press the power button, it doesn't power on? Does power LED light on then dim?

Please suggest more details, thank you!

https://youtu.be/NeuUgsQp28Y

Now it powered on after my continuous efforts of pressing power button (see the attached image) Do you know should I fix this?

Lenovo Employee Henrydong
Lenovo Employee
Views: 543
Message 114 of 120

@DroidCue,

I'm so sorry for what you have experienced.

I tried BIOS 1.23 on a P1 with similar configuration as yours, and it works fine - including sleep and reboot with AC or battery.

Do you mind to re-flash BIOS 1.23? If it doesn't work, I will send the old version to you.

Thank you! 

DroidCue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 512
Message 115 of 120

@Henrydong wrote:

@DroidCue,

I'm so sorry for what you have experienced.

I tried BIOS 1.23 on a P1 with similar configuration as yours, and it works fine - including sleep and reboot with AC or battery.

Do you mind to re-flash BIOS 1.23? If it doesn't work, I will send the old version to you.

Thank you! 

Yes I want to try re-flashing the BIOS 1.23 as you suggested, but it does not allows me to do so.

When I try via USB disk it gives me a message : Information: An update is not necessary  at this time. The process has been cancelled.

When I try it via Windows I get a message "BIOS image is same as BIOS ROM" An update is not necessary at this time."

Question for you: Should there be any command with siwtch to force update or any config change in some file to ingore the version and perform update?

(Please check the images attached)

Lenovo Employee
Views: 482
Message 116 of 120

@DroidCue,

Yes, there's a way to forece reflashing the BIOS.

Boot to windows, click Win button, type "CMD" , Command Prompt appears on the list, on the right side select  "Run as administrator".

Follow command:

1. CD c:\drivers\flash\n2euj14w\

2. WinFlash64.exe -sd -file ./N2EET41W/$0AN2E00.FL1

System will read the BIOS, and then reboot to flash. 

Good luck!

Wdde
Paper Tape
Views: 300
Message 117 of 120

Could you please tell me how to rollback 1.23 to 1.19? I have a serious problem about sleeping power consumption and I can't fix it.

Lenovo Employee
Views: 235
Message 118 of 120

@Wdde,

Sorry for not answer in time.Please try to follow the steps,

1. download 1.19 BIOS:https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n2euj11w.exe

2. Run n2euj11w.exe, by default it will extract the files to c:\drivers\flash\n2euj11w

3. Run CMD as administrator to get a command line window

4. CD c:\drivers\flash\n2euj11w\

5: WinFlash64.exe -sd -file ./N2EUJ11W/$0AN2E00.FL1

Let me know weather this works for you. 

Wdde
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 119 of 120

Thank you for your reply. I tried to rewrite bios with the command line you given, After several automatic resets, there will be an error. I didn't take a picture with it at the time. I 'll  try again later. According to Lenovo, 1.23 cannot be rolled back to the lower version.

Wdde
Paper Tape
Views: 102
Message 120 of 120

I tried few time, and I got "Secure Flash Authentication Failed" every time. the 'secure rollback provention' is also disabled. I have no idea for this,does it has another way ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors