cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6MX
Paper Tape
Views: 1,390
Message 1 of 3

Can I use a 45 Watt USB-C Samsung Monitor Connection with X1 Carbon 5th Gen. for Power?

I have a brand new 5th Generation X1 Carbon.  I want to purchase a Samsung monitor (model:  C34H890) and use its USB-C connection for display and to charge the X1 Carbon battery.  Here is more information about the monitor:

http://displaysolutions.samsung.com/business-monitor/detail/1131/C34H890

I have downloaded the user manual and it explicity states that the maximum power delivered via USB-C is 45W.  The power adapter that I received with the X1 Carbon is 65W.  My question is this:

Can I use the Samsung monitor and its USB-C connection to charge the X1 Carbon, safely?  Are there any concerns I should be aware of, other than a possible reduction in charging time?  

Thank you in advance,

Michael

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,379
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can I use a 45 Watt USB-C Samsung Monitor Connection with X1 Carbon 5th Gen. for Power?

According to the ThinkPad X1 Carbon (5th Gen) Platform Specifications the laptop could come with either a 45W or 65W USB Type-C AC adapter; the latter being the only one capable of "RapidCharge", so if you are not in a hurry to charge up, you should be fine. 

Cheers,

6MX
Paper Tape
Views: 1,333
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I use a 45 Watt USB-C Samsung Monitor Connection with X1 Carbon 5th Gen. for Power?

Excellent find... thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors