Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some0ne
Paper Tape
Views: 329
Message 1 of 5

Can i use DELL 90W for yoga x1 OLED ؟

hi ... i hope you are doing wll ...

im not satisfied for 45W or 65W .. i want an adapter gives more than its takes ... so ..

i wonder if it is OK to use this adapter for yoga x1 OLED ؟

https://www.amazon.com/LA90PM170-Adapter-0TDK33-5v-4-5.....

i searched here and there for lenovo type c more than 65W but nothing .. and no connectors can help ... 

thank you . . . Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 313
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can i use DELL 90W for yoga x1 OLED ؟

With a USB-c power supply, the negotiations between a power supply and a device are more complicated than they are between a dumb power supply and a laptop.  90w, 20V should be possible.  I think 100W is the maximum defined limit, but you would have to test it to be sure.  There are compatibility issues with different brands.  What are you trying to solve?  Faster battery charge?  I am not certain it will charge faster.  Again, you wound need to test it.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Some0ne
Paper Tape
Views: 304
Message 3 of 5

thanx for fast reply ...

i dont need fast charge ... i just want to run the laptop in the full power .. actually i dont move my laptop .. so it will be connected for months i think ...

i didnt bought the adapter and i want to check if it is possible to use it ... because i dont know if ampere difference and brand difference .. does a problem or not ...

thanx again Smiley Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 294
Message 4 of 5

I would not expect you would need more than 65W to run at full power, but a bigger supply won't hurt , assuming it is compatible.  If you will be plugged in most of the time. adjust the charging parameters so it will stop charging at 95% so you won't damage the battery.  You can adjust the parameters in "Lenovo Settings".

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Some0ne
Paper Tape
Views: 283
Message 5 of 5

Thanks alot ^___^

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors