cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlitzBM
Paper Tape
Views: 978
Message 1 of 8

Can not use SIM card on Lenovo x380 Yoga (Windows 10)

Hello,

I have a Thinkpad x380 Yoga (running Windows 10) which has a SM card slot but I can't seem to see the SIM card on my network devices once I insert it. I have downloaded and installed all the WAN drivers from lenovo support center. 

Anyone with any ideas??

Cheers!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 949
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can not use SIM card on Lenovo x380 Yoga (Windows 10)

Hi BlitzBM! Welcome to our forums community. Have you tried using other SIM? Have you tried inserting the same SIM card to other device? If yes, did it work? Let us know

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 945
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I have to ask: does your laptop have a WWAN card installed?  Typically ThinkPads have the SIM slot even if they don't have WWAN hardware installed.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

BlitzBM
Paper Tape
Views: 934
Message 4 of 8

Thanks. The SIM works fine on my phone and yes I have tried other SIM, still can't see it
BlitzBM
Paper Tape
Views: 932
Message 5 of 8

Hi Zoltan,
How can i know if mine has the hardware?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 930
Message 6 of 8

@BlitzBM wrote:
Hi Zoltan,
How can i know if mine has the hardware?

Check the network adapters in device manager.

As a double-check, what is your laptop's MT-M (like 20LH000WUS as a random example of a US model) ?  We may be able to call up the laptops specs with the MT-M.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

BlitzBM
Paper Tape
Views: 924
Message 7 of 8

The MT-M is 20LJS1MV19 @Zoltan
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 912
Message 8 of 8

@BlitzBM wrote:
The MT-M is 20LJS1MV19 @Zoltan

Machine info on the support page does not show a WWAN capability.

Z.

Yoga x380 20LJS1MV19.PNG

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors