Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lellson
Paper Tape
Views: 5,743
Message 1 of 15

Can't "click" touchscreen on Windows and some programs (Thinkpad X380 Yoga)

Hi.

Today my thinkpad (X380 Yoga) automatically updated some intel drivers (couldn't figure out which ones) with the Intel driver and support assistand. Afterwards the touchscreen somehow stopped working properly. I can still visually hover over buttons, text fields or program borders, but if I try to click it doesn't work. I can touch, but not click or scroll inside the programs, neither with my finger nor the pen.

It's very strange that this only happens on Windows stuff like the taskbar, file explorers and some programs like OneNote or VirtualBox. In Chrome for example clicking and scrolling seems to work perfectly fine.

Another strange thing i saw: Under tablet PC settings if I try to calibrate or configure my pen and touch display, it says that there is no pen or touch input available for my display. 

My display name is: 1. Wide viewing angle & High density FlexView Display 1920x1080

What i already tried:

- Checked for hardware problems via Lenovo Solution Center

- Checked for driver updates via Intel driver and support assistant and Lenovo Service Bridge

- Searched for driver updates manually in the device manager (HID-Confiant Touchscreen, HID-Confiant Pen, Lenovo Pen Device, a lot of Intel Drivers, USB drivers)

- Deactivating and activating those device drivers via the device manager

- Deleting the device drivers and rebooting to reload them

- Load from an older restore point

- Reset my PC (Which removed all programs... I did not have much installed)

I have no idea how to fix this now. Did someone have a similiar problem and knows a solution to this?

Thanks a lot! 

ckomurlu
Paper Tape
Views: 5,699
Message 2 of 15

Re: Can't "click" touchscreen on Windows and some programs (Thinkpad X380 Yoga)

Same problem.

Windows 10 on my X380 received an update today, then started acting weirdly which forced me to restart. After a while I tried to use OneNote with the pen, but it did not work, neither did it did reply to my finger gestures. Then I tried Microsoft Edge and faced the same problem. Interestingly, the screen responds to the finger gestures. I can see the trace following my finger while hovering and the glare at my finger tip when I hit on the screen. I also tried Firefox, no luck.

Surprisingly, Chormium (the open source version of Chrome) works OK with touch screen. I tried scroll down/up and zoom in an out.

As an additional information, I was using an external monitor connected through HDMI when I got the updates and I rebooted. I unplugged the monitor when I noticed the problem. I removed the HID touch screen driver and rebooted several times. It did not work. On login screen, the password box does not appear by it self. I tried to remove the welcome screen finger gesture (sliding up). The screen responds, but instead of showing the password box, it goes black and then shows the welcome screen.

Regards,

andyh1109
Paper Tape
Views: 5,680
Message 3 of 15

Have the same problem here after reboot, touchscreen can still be used in chrome, hope someone fix this soon...

Gwinfarid
Paper Tape
Views: 5,655
Message 4 of 15

I have the same problem.
It started with the installation of Lenovo - System - 11/6/2018 12:00:00 AM - 10.0.56.0

But using an older version didnt change anything.

Edit: The lenovo update installed yesterday...

marty41
Paper Tape
Views: 5,635
Message 5 of 15

Same here on a Thinkpad Yoga X380, after there were automaticaly updated some Intel drivers. Smiley Sad Now the virtual keyboard doesn't show up when you "klick" into a field where you can input text, you can not klick on icons in the taskbar and so on.
Any idea how to solve this behaviour/issue?

blaue_elise
What's DOS?
Views: 5,643
Message 6 of 15

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Thinkpad.

I found this post:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/WinTab-7-5-2-38-breaks-Pen-Touch-capabilit...

I uninstalled Lenovo Pen Settings Service and it worked for me.

Gwinfarid
Paper Tape
Views: 5,624
Message 7 of 15

Thanks a lot! Worked for me as well.
ckomurlu
Paper Tape
Views: 5,612
Message 8 of 15

It worked for me as well. Thanks for sharing it here. Otherwise, I would probably not see it.
tilu
What's DOS?
Views: 5,562
Message 9 of 15

Had the same issue and the solution worked for me as well - thank you for posting it here!

andyh1109
Paper Tape
Views: 5,550
Message 10 of 15

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors