Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

07-29-2014

USA

31 Signins

348 Page Views

• Views: 348
  • Message 1 of 2

Can't update to latest graphics drivers on X240?

2014-08-06, 14:15 PM

Lenovo's website says that the latest version of the Intel HD Graphics 4400 is 10.18.10.3496 released on 21 July 2014.  However, Intel's website disagrees.  It says that 10.18.10.3621 is the latest version.  But when I download it and try to install it, the following box pops up:

• Error.  The driver being installed is not validated for this computer.  Please obtian the appropriate driver from the         computer manufacturer.  Setup will exit.

Setup then exits and the driver does not install.

Is it possible to force it to install?  Is Lenovo refusing it, kind of like the BIOS whitelist that makes it impossible to use certain hardware?

Seems ridiculous that I have to wait to install the latest drivers until Lenovo has approved them....  Is Lenovo turning into Apple?  Seems there is a ridiculous amount of hand holding and restrictions these days.

Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Views: 57257
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't update to latest graphics drivers on X240?

2014-08-08, 12:17 PM

Hi Phositadc,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are facing the issue with Graphic driver on ThinkPad T430.

As per the query the issue is related incorrect drivers, hence I suggest you to click the below link which will scan for the exact drivers for your system and will install it.

Intel Auto Detect Driver

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)