Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clareinaz
Paper Tape
Views: 573
Message 1 of 4

Cannot charge battery to 100% on X1 Carbon (20A7) after upgrading to Windows 10

I apologize if this is buried somewhere on the forum. I searched for hours, really, but could not find anything exactly relating to this.

After months of "Upgrade to Windows 10" pop ups I finally did it. On Windows 7 I was able to change my battery capacity to 100% before I left for a business trip then change it back when I returned home. Now I can't find where to do that and it won't charge above 46%. I've tried downloading the Lenovo Power Manager as one post suggested but it doens't have the seperate "Power" menu item as the instructions displayed. I've tried uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery as another post suggested but that didn't help either.

I have this option after upgrading my Ultrabook Yoga 2 to Windows 10. The Enegery Manager remained loaded. I simply want the same control over my battery on my X1 as I have on my Yoga. Can anyone help me?

Thanking all of you in advance,

Clare

RedNunez
What's DOS?
Views: 563
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot charge battery to 100% on X1 Carbon (20A7) after upgrading to Windows 10

I'm just going to throw this out there, no guarantee that your system has the exact setup as mine or that I am understanding your issue completely: I have a Lenovo Settings app in my Windows menu; within that settings application there is a battery section, at the end of this section is a battery gauge reset. I would start there to recover your battery threshold. 

Hope this helps. 

ityodawannabe
Punch Card
Views: 536
Message 3 of 4

Re: Cannot charge battery to 100% on X1 Carbon (20A7) after upgrading to Windows 10

On most Lenovo laptops you can set the threshhold of when your battery will stop charging.  

Select your battery icon on the bottom left.

Select "Battery"

Select "Battery Maintenance"

You should be able to change it from here.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

clareinaz
Paper Tape
Views: 513
Message 4 of 4

Works! You have to be careful about the order of things here. I downloaded the Lenovo Settings app from the Windows App store but after installing I did not have the battery setting. I think it was due to my not removing the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery thingy in Device Manager first. After I removed that I installed the app and the battery button was there.

Thanks a bunch!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors