cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vperales
Paper Tape
Views: 1,535
Message 1 of 2

Cannot perform factory reset on X1 Yoga (20FQ)

I have been working extremely happy with my new X1 Yoga (20FQ) for the last 4 months, unfortunately some apps and Win10 udpates have messed my laptop, now I am seeing blue screens daily. I decided to perform factory reset, but F11 or Fn+F11 at boot results in nothing, the lap boots normally. I called customer support and they decided to ship a recovery media, which will take a few days to arrive, I have not given up and still am trying. I found out that accessing to BIOS (F1) does not work either, so I updated the laptop firmware to the latest level and also updated the Intel Management Engine, hoping this would give me access to BIOS or the well desired F11 to boot the Rescue and Recovery utility. Needless to say, F11  or Fn+F11 still results in nothing. So I write here to ask for alternatives to access either BIOS (F1) or Rescue and Recovery (F11), seems to me I must be doing something incorrectly that is not getting me to either menu. Thank you in advance for any advice. Best regards.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,451
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot perform factory reset on X1 Yoga (20FQ)

Hello and welcome,

Are you trying F11 and F12 on startup, or on a restart?  The way win 10 does a shutdown is more like hibernation.  BIOS and boot menu access are disabled during normal startup from that state.

Try the F keys on a restart, or on startup after a full shutdown (SHIFT + shutdown).

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors