01-18-2019

SK

4 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 1 of 2

Cannot update NVMe SSD firmware to latest version on X1Carbon 5

2019-01-18, 20:02 PM

I have X1C5 with INTEL SSDPEKKF256G7L 256GB running linux. I am not sure if it matters, but I have FAT32 ESP and root Ext4 partition encrypted with LVM on LUKS. My current firmware version is 118P. I'd like to install latest SSD firmware via nvme-cli as described here. I downloaded fwnv28 (but also tried fwnv16) zip archive, used nvme fw-download pointing to the NVME_End2End_Lenovo_256_dvt_OPAL_Encrypt_and_Signature.bin binary with successful result (Firmware download success). However I cannot commit (does not work with --action 1 or 2); it fails with The firmware image specified for activation is invalid and not loaded by the controller (107).

Any idea why? Any recommendation? Is there any non-windows solution how to update firmware? Many thanks.

Options

2 Posts

01-18-2019

SK

4 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot update NVMe SSD firmware to latest version on X1Carbon 5

2019-01-24, 10:22 AM

I discussed this problem in nvme-cli github issue and it is caused either by incorrect binary or signature. I've checked binary readme for product number and it should be correct. So... how to verify that I am using correct/incorrect binary? How to verify signature? With what signature is this compared with? Where is it sotred? Many thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete