Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strung
Paper Tape
Views: 1,946
Message 1 of 4

Cannot update X260 BIOS

I recently tried updating to the latest 1.31 update. The system is on 1.25. I used the USB updater (not the updater CD ISO). Upon starting, it returned an error "Invalid capsule file when SecureFlash is on in ROM".

I have rollback prevention and secureboot disabled. Also tried making a 1.30 update USB and the same error occured.

Has anyone ran into this issue?

ianlett
What's DOS?
Views: 1,869
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot update X260 BIOS

I to am having the exact same problem and cannot flash the bios on 2 X260 20f5 Models using the current ueif usb key as made by mkusbkey (V 1.32)

strung
Paper Tape
Views: 1,844
Message 3 of 4

Turns out the EFI updater that comes with the windows update package is outdated.

I used the CD updater, flashed it to a USB and it updated just fine.

Instructions for extracting the raw image from the CD: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-13-E-and/Updating-the-BIOS-via-bootable-USB/m-p/21...

skobydog
Paper Tape
Views: 65
Message 4 of 4

I spent all night trying to update my bios. Vantage failed to update over and over. I tried the thumb drive method (why Lenovo couldn't make easier I don't know) and I was getting the error "Invalid capsule file when SecureFlash is on in ROM".

I updated all of my windows updates and shut down all of my firewalls, antiviruses, flushed the Software Destribution Folder, and Reset the Catroot2 Folder.

I don't what happend but while I was sitting there an auto update appeared on my screen and asked if I wanted to update my bios. I'm not sure where it came from but it worked. This was after months and months of trying to update it myself. 

My cpu fan was also randomly turning on/off and resetting all of the above seemed to help. I'm not totally convinced with my fan fix yet....fingers crossed. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors