Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomiPP
What's DOS?
Views: 361
Message 11 of 13

Re: Cannot use trackpad when I plug mouse, option to turn on grayed out

I have the exact same problem with X1 Yoga (3rd gen). The "Leave touchpad on..." setting is enabled. I have tried uninstallling and reinstalling the latest Synpatics drivers several times. When I delete the driver, the touchpad works together with the mouse until a new driver gets installed, but none of the gestures work properly. After a new reboot, the driver gets installed and I cannot use the touchpad with the mouse anymore.

I noticed that in device manager, there are two entries for the touchpad, Synaptics Pointing Device and HID-compliant mouse (see attachment). The other two HID devices are my external mouse and the touchscreen + pen. I have tried disabling the HID-compliant mouse, but it does not help.

piyushkdwivedi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 289
Message 12 of 13

Hello,

I also have new TP X1 Yoga (3rd gen), and I am facing the exact same issue after getting the driver updated. Each behavior is same the way @leogodoy has mentioned. This is really annoying now and I have tried everything to my level. I am unable to use either my trackpad or my new Logitech wireless mouse. I always need to disconnect the mouse dongle to use my trackpad.

Just information: I understand this driver is the latest version of Synaptics UltraNav.

Please help us LENOVO! This is really critical.

Thanks,

Piyush.

Paul-W-
What's DOS?
Views: 76
Message 13 of 13

I was able to solve this by simply uninstalling the Synaptics driver and not reinstalling it. I guess I am missing out on all of the fancy features with two and three finger commands but at least I can always leave in my Logitech dongle and still use my trackpad mouse.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors