05-31-2019

FI

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: Cannot use trackpad when I plug mouse, option to turn on grayed out

2019-06-03, 5:17 AM

I have the exact same problem with X1 Yoga (3rd gen). The "Leave touchpad on..." setting is enabled. I have tried uninstallling and reinstalling the latest Synpatics drivers several times. When I delete the driver, the touchpad works together with the mouse until a new driver gets installed, but none of the gestures work properly. After a new reboot, the driver gets installed and I cannot use the touchpad with the mouse anymore.

I noticed that in device manager, there are two entries for the touchpad, Synaptics Pointing Device and HID-compliant mouse (see attachment). The other two HID devices are my external mouse and the touchscreen + pen. I have tried disabling the HID-compliant mouse, but it does not help.

Options

1 Posts

08-24-2019

IN

5 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 12 of 16

2019-08-24, 17:20 PM

Hello,

I also have new TP X1 Yoga (3rd gen), and I am facing the exact same issue after getting the driver updated. Each behavior is same the way @leogodoy has mentioned. This is really annoying now and I have tried everything to my level. I am unable to use either my trackpad or my new Logitech wireless mouse. I always need to disconnect the mouse dongle to use my trackpad.

Just information: I understand this driver is the latest version of Synaptics UltraNav.

Please help us LENOVO! This is really critical.

Thanks,

Piyush.

Options

0 Posts

01-18-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 13 of 16

2020-01-18, 1:25 AM

I was able to solve this by simply uninstalling the Synaptics driver and not reinstalling it. I guess I am missing out on all of the fancy features with two and three finger commands but at least I can always leave in my Logitech dongle and still use my trackpad mouse.

Options

2020-02-20, 19:06 PM

Rolling back the driver updates worked for me. Now I am able to use the trackpad when connected to a wireless mouse and still use Synaptics shortcuts as well.

Options

1 Posts

02-21-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 15 of 16

Re:Cannot use trackpad when I plug mouse, option to turn on grayed out

2020-02-21, 19:09 PM

I tried rolling back the driver updates and it fixed it. Now the trackpad works when mouse is connected and able to use the synaptics gestures as well.

Options

1 Posts

03-12-2020

IE

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 16 of 16

Re:Cannot use trackpad when I plug mouse, option to turn on grayed out

2020-03-12, 6:40 AM

thanks all

I had exactly the same symptoms.  Rolling back the driver worked. Kudos for showing the screenshot. 

IBallesty

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete