cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DAMAL
Punch Card
Views: 1,124
Message 1 of 4

Carbon 5th Gen and Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265: connection randomly resets in a/n/ac 5GHz WiFi

When my Carbon 5th is connected to 5 GHz Wifi it randomly resets (drops) after several hours (connection is being lost, Windows reports "Cannot connect to the network"). Sometimes it is possible to connect again manually, sometimes only reboot makes it work again. Connection to 2.4 GHz Wifi always works totally fine.

I've seen several similar topics on Intel forums with the same issue, looks like it touches several Intel WiFi adapters. No solution have been found except using only old 2.4 GHz protocols or external WiFi adaptors.

I tried different drivers and many parameter sets on my router - nothing solves this issue. It is very sad to have only 20mbps with 2.4 GHz while new standards offer more than 100mbps.

Did you face this issue? Any ideas to solve it out?

pilotnh
Paper Tape
Views: 582
Message 2 of 4

Re: Carbon 5th Gen and Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265: connection randomly resets in a/n/ac 5GHz W

Did you ever find a solution? I am dealing with something similar.

DAMAL
Punch Card
Views: 565
Message 3 of 4

Re: Carbon 5th Gen and Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265: connection randomly resets in a/n/ac 5GHz W

Yes, I found the solution. Open Device Manager, find the culprit WiFi adaptor and roll back all Intel drivers one by one until you get Microsoft default driver for this device. This pre-installed to OS driver works perfectly fine, no issues for months! Don't forget to block auto-installing Intel drivers for this device then.

pilotnh
Paper Tape
Views: 545
Message 4 of 4

Thanks. I forgot to mention that although I have the same issue you described, mine is with an 8260. I'm thinking of putting in a 9260 as long as there's no whitelisting issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors