cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juozasget
Paper Tape
Views: 223
Message 1 of 2

Carbon X1 3rd gen - Unauthorized network card (0BDB/100E)

My thinkpad fails at BOOT and throws the following error:

1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the betwork card (0BDB/100E). System is halted.

I have not added or changed any hardware components. The error has been appearing for a long period of time now. But i was always able to power cycle a couple of times and it would start up.

Now after a hundred of power cycles it isn't starting up anymore and is bricked by this error screen.

Please help!!!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 199
Message 2 of 2

Re: Carbon X1 3rd gen - Unauthorized network card (0BDB/100E)

This error with specified wwan card IDs might be caused by hardware problem. These IDs belong to Ericsson modem' generic flash device on USB bus. Usually this virtual device (actually it's a port for the modem' firmware loading) appears at the laptop POST and modem initialization stage / routine when some hw issue persists, related to the modem broken firmware or its interaction with BIOS/EC isn't proper etc.

As a temporary troubleshooting you might remove the modem from the laptop for some time (firstly, disable internal battery pack in the BIOS Setup and unplug the AC charger). Then reinsert the modem and boot. But most likely the trouble will appear again after laptop soft reboot, for example.

If the laptop will be able to boot with modem, check out its firmware version and update it if it's necessary. This might help to resolve the issue.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors