Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kforbes27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 655
Message 1 of 3

Carbon X1 4th gen - Screen randomly starts flickering; reboot doesn't help

The title pretty much says it all.  It's a brand new laptop, never dropped or anything.  First instance occurred about 3 weeks after receiving it, but less than a week after taking it out of the box.  Took like 20 minutes of hitting the power button but eventually it returned to normal.  Two pictures of two separate instances are attached.  

On a separate note, I've noticed some minor issues with the searching feature next to the windows button--sometimes no results will come up when I search for control panel or something similar.

Is this just a dud?  It's my laptop but I use it for work when traveling, so I was not expecting such terrible reliability after hearing so highly of the Thinkpad brand.  I have a one-year warranty, but at the moment this seems more like a manufacturing defect.  I'd appreciate any advice on how to follow up with Lenovo on this.

Thanks.IMG_2696.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

Dmi3x
Fanfold Paper
Views: 468
Message 2 of 3

Re: Carbon X1 4th gen - Screen randomly starts flickering; reboot doesn't help

I have the same problemscreen.jpg

Dmi3x
Fanfold Paper
Views: 453
Message 3 of 3

Re: Carbon X1 4th gen - Screen randomly starts flickering; reboot doesn't help

The problem appears sparingly. After another incident, I rebooted into safe mode and reproduced the problem again. I recorded a video:

By the way, аfter the first time this happened, I updated everything: windows, drivers, BIOS - this did not solve the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors