Options

1 Posts

02-24-2018

US

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 2

Carbon X1 5th Gen - broken hinge! Where to get replacement?

2018-02-24, 23:16 PM

My Carbon X1 5th Gen (20BS) left side hinge cracked and seperated completely at the bezel. 

Anyone know where to get a replacement or, if I opt to go with a Lenovo repair, about how much the repair will be?

I've been underwhelmed with this laptop since day one.  Slow performance (512GB/16GB with frequent reinstalls), slippery surface (why get rid of the famous rubbery coating?), and now a very expensive hinge crack clearly caused by metal fatigue.

Meanwhile, my 1st Gen Carbon is still running strong.  No hinge problems, no cracks, minimal wear, and very zippy with Win 10 even running a measely 4GB RAM.

Options

10714 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39409 Signins

409127 Page Views

• Views: 409127
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Carbon X1 5th Gen - broken hinge! Where to get replacement?

2018-02-24, 23:31 PM

Looking at the picture, I would need to take it apart to see what needed replacing.  If it is still under warranty (some 20BS are), and the hinge snapped while opening the lid, I would carry it into a dealer who did warranty service.;  I would tell him or her what happened and explain that I only wanted it repaired if it was covered by the warranty.

Rich

To help with forum searches, check this out: https:/forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Using-Browser-Search-to-find-your-answers-in-Lenovo-and-Moto-Community/m-p/5016916

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save