12-26-2019 10:55 PM
I'm facing an issue with thunderbolt.
It started recently, after one of Vantage update runs.
I've read through the forum and tried almost everything, but still no luck.
1. Thunderbolt controller is not in the list in Device Manager. (0x20B SDK_NO_CONTROLLERS)
2. USB-C devices (flash, camera) do not work
3. Charger only charges when laptop is powered down (when on, it barely maintains the battery level)
4. HDMI doesn't work either
What I've tried (several times now):
1. Running Vantage and installing all updates.
2. Flashing newest BIOS (1.44)
3. Installing the "critical thunderbolt update".
- Software update went through.
- Firmware update didn't happen cause controller is missing
4. Clean re-install of the Thunderbolt drivers, including
- 'sc delete nhi'
- deleting tbt* driver files under system32/driverstore/
5. Battery reset (pin at the bottom)
6. Toggling 'Thunderbolt assist mode' in BIOS.
Current system status:
1. BIOS version 1.44
2. OS version Win 10 Pro 17763 (1809)
3. Thunderbolt Software version 126.96.36.1990
Nothing worked for me so far. Any ideas as to what I can try next?
01-01-2020 12:13 PM
Welcome to our forums community.
We can see that your machine is compatible to run the latest Windows 10 1909 version: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht509394. Install the update. Go to Settings --> Update & Security --> Check for Updates. Reset BIOS settings under the Restart tab in BIOS then save it. Let us know how it goes.