06-05-2014

Ireland

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 2

Carbon X1 Adaptive Keyboard bug or hardware error

2014-06-05, 15:53 PM

Hi, I recently received a Carbon X1 on starting my new job. It's quite nice but there is a crippling bug which i'm wondering if it is a software issue or a hardware one.

The Adaptive keyboard randomly starts holding the "F1" location on the keyboard. By default this causes the sound to go to zero, as if the area was being pressed (pressing the increase volume button won't work and using external volume controls shows that the button is held as a "tug of war" occurs in the attempt to raise the volume). This would be livable if not for the fact that when this happens, the trackpad is also affected and will not work again until it randomly stops happening. I'm inclined to assume a hardware problem but if someone could tell me where the drivers are for this, i'd like to try reinstalling them. I've tried reinstalling the power management drivers (another thread implied they were related) but no luck. I can't see any related drivers on the drivers and software download page.

I've tried editing the settings to default it to the function page, turned off lay-flat and application switching. Turned off all but two of the function rows and nothing has worked so far.

Options

1 Posts

08-15-2015

Norway

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Carbon X1 Adaptive Keyboard bug or hardware error

2015-08-15, 13:50 PM

I have almost the same issue, except its shifted a little bit to the right, so it mutes and unmutes the sound. In addition, every now and then, it starts spamming all touch keys at once, which makes the computer completely unusable. It opens the adaptive keyboard settings aswell as the snipping tool, and it puts the machine in flight mode. I can't really adress what causes the switch between F1/mute spam and all-buttons spam. I have tried updating everything, including the bios. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save