cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
longman555
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,312
Message 1 of 15

Carbon X1 SIM card not detected (Sierra EM7345 WWAN modem)

Dear All,

I have a X1 Carbon with Sierra EM7345 WWAN modem. It is all installed perfectly - drivers etc. But id does not recognize the SIM card. I have googled a bit and I can say that:

1) I have the drivers OK, I have the WWAN network adapter etc.

2) I have inserted the SIM card correctly

The SIM card works perferctly if I use the USB 3G stick instead. So the problem is not in the SIM card.

I think there is some configuraiton of the Sierra modem which should be done - to switch to 3G/2G or something.

Please help - one of the main reasons to buy this laptop was the embedded WWAN.

Thanks. Here are some screenshots with the config:

sierra.png

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 21,250
Message 2 of 15

Re: Carbon X1 SIM card not detected (Sierra EM7345 WWAN modem)

Hi,

1. what's the OS version? Seems it's win8. When did you update the OS last time?
2. What's your mobile broadband carrier and country?
3. How do you establish internet connection via USB 3g stick? Do you use 3rd party connection manager?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

longman555
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,238
Message 3 of 15

The OS is Windows 7, installed and updated 1 month ago.

I am in Bulgaria. Carier is Globul/ Telenor. Also tried with another sim - voice, no detection at all.

The USB stick is plug and play, no connection manager

Thanks for the to the point questions Smiley Happy
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 21,224
Message 4 of 15

win7 is a better OS in our case for troubleshooting.

Do you see broadband network in the connection manager window (VAN UI)? Check out APN settings.

Could you install Lenovo Access Connections on the laptop?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

longman555
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,220
Message 5 of 15

I don't see a broadband network in VAN UI

I will install Lenovo Access Connections - only if it is mandatory. To be honest I don't like the tool much. Smiley Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 21,213
Message 6 of 15

AC has a lot of features for diagnostics and connection establishment.

On your choice.

Open command prompt window and type in the following commands, one by one. Post output here.
netsh mbn sh rad int=*
netsh mbn sh read int=*

Replace real values in the 2nd command output with "*", for example, for your privacy (if they exist)

longman555
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,208
Message 7 of 15

My friend, you're awesome!

I installed Access Connections and enabled the Mobile Boradband - works perfectly!!! thank you!!!

We should put this in a knowledgabase somewhere - always use Access Connections to seamlessly enable mobile broadband.

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 21,201
Message 8 of 15

That's a known helpful features of AC, and you are not alone. Smiley Happy

There might be two causes of issue - your modem, perhaps, isn't being turned on w/o AC (that's a reason of the 1st command above, to test w/o AC). So you couldn't fill APN string. AC has its own broadband carriers settings profiles DB and applys that one.

Merkin
What's DOS?
Views: 19,980
Message 9 of 15

Hi x220, I have the same problems but uninstalled Lenovo AC because it was interfering with my preferred connection types on the various locations that I visit.
I ran your command line strings and returned hardware radio state on and software radio state off
State : SIM not inserted
Emergency mode off
and no other data

Is it possible to enable the WWAN without AC??
Many thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 19,968
Message 10 of 15

Hi, Merkin

be sure airplan mode is disabled (tap the icon on the adaptive keyboard). You should see available networks in the Windows notification area.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors