Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
xgiannak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,511
Message 1 of 3

Carbon X1 : external monitor attached to DisplayPort is flickering. No Docking used.

After having worked for more than 1 year in double screen, I started to have flickering problem on the external monitor, connected from mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort on an external ThinkVision Monitor.

I do not know how to troubleshoot. Below is a video of the issue.

As a hint that the card might have some problem, sometimes the PC takes about 30 seconds to decide the graphic mode when the screen is turned on.

I would like to understand how to troubleshoot the issue, determine if it can be

- hardware failure (pin, chip damaged)

- driver failure (but I have driver at level 10.18.14.4432 which seems the latest)

and understand what should be repaired.

any suggestion is very welcome, thanks for your attention,

xgiannak

xgiannak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,466
Message 2 of 3

Re: Carbon X1 : external monitor attached to DisplayPort is flickering. No Docking used.

I have been checking the cables and the screen, but this looks like a driver issue.

This whole morning the screen worked perfectly, until I block the PC with Ctrl-Alt-Del. Then it searched for graphical modes for a while, and returned to the correct mode, only with the flicker. The cables and screen have not been touched or moved at all between before and after.

xgiannak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,370
Message 3 of 3

Re: Carbon X1 : external monitor attached to DisplayPort is flickering. No Docking used.

It was the cable actually. Bought a new cable, and that solved the problem.

The hint was that screen would go black when finishing a mobile phone conversation.

Best regards, xgiannak

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors