cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xgiannak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,510
Message 1 of 3

Carbon X1 : external monitor attached to DisplayPort is flickering. No Docking used.

After having worked for more than 1 year in double screen, I started to have flickering problem on the external monitor, connected from mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort on an external ThinkVision Monitor.

I do not know how to troubleshoot. Below is a video of the issue.

As a hint that the card might have some problem, sometimes the PC takes about 30 seconds to decide the graphic mode when the screen is turned on.

I would like to understand how to troubleshoot the issue, determine if it can be

- hardware failure (pin, chip damaged)

- driver failure (but I have driver at level 10.18.14.4432 which seems the latest)

and understand what should be repaired.

any suggestion is very welcome, thanks for your attention,

xgiannak

xgiannak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,465
Message 2 of 3

Re: Carbon X1 : external monitor attached to DisplayPort is flickering. No Docking used.

I have been checking the cables and the screen, but this looks like a driver issue.

This whole morning the screen worked perfectly, until I block the PC with Ctrl-Alt-Del. Then it searched for graphical modes for a while, and returned to the correct mode, only with the flicker. The cables and screen have not been touched or moved at all between before and after.

Highlighted
xgiannak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,369
Message 3 of 3

Re: Carbon X1 : external monitor attached to DisplayPort is flickering. No Docking used.

It was the cable actually. Bought a new cable, and that solved the problem.

The hint was that screen would go black when finishing a mobile phone conversation.

Best regards, xgiannak

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors