Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J3000
Paper Tape
Views: 911
Message 1 of 2

Carbon X1 fingerprint sign in problem after Windows 10 and Windows Hello

My Carbon X1 20bt is experiencing major problems with fingerprint reader and Windows 10.

Everything was working fine with Windows 8.1 and the Lenovo software. After upgrading to 10, the Lenovo software was automatically deleted I guess because Windows 10 fully supports sign in with fingerprint. When I read my print in to Windows HELLo, it NEVER recognizes it when signing in. I have read it in to the system multiple times, but have never succeeded to log in with it.

This problem has been existing for some time, but yesterday I was doing maintenance to my friends x240 and noticed her reader work without enabling Windows Hello.

She didn’t have the pin installed for Hello and the reader worked just fine. On my X1, I have to put in the pin number to Hello or the whole reader is disabled. There was fingerprint reader driver update coming to x240 which I didn’t instal naturally.

I tried to instal the 8.1 drivers back, but was unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated, this is anoying!

WiFied
What's DOS?
Views: 647
Message 2 of 2

Re: Carbon X1 fingerprint sign in problem after Windows 10 and Windows Hello

Here's the driver that you need to enable the Validity Fingerprint scanner on the X1 Carbon under Windows 10:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds103635

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors