cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thinklynn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 609
Message 1 of 6

Carbon makes screechy sound then sound gone on X1 Carbon Gen4 (very new)

Only third day of my new Gen4 X1 Carbon.  Sound works fine .. then there is screechy sound from the earbuds that were plugged into audio.  Now no sound, no matter what I do.  I do have on site support but what do all of you think?

LynnSam
Paper Tape
Views: 561
Message 2 of 6

Re: Carbon makes screechy sound then sound gone on X1 Carbon Gen4 (very new)

After working with support over the phone, and uninstalling then installing audio driver, now the only sound I get is when system boots up and windows comes up.  Any ideas how this could be?  I've tried to look at how "sounds" are configured, with no luck. (I'm the same person as thinklynn .. somehow this forum login is not working well for me but that's another story with "linking" yada yada)

LynnSam
Paper Tape
Views: 557
Message 3 of 6

The plot thickens.  I have pinned down the only time an audio sound happens is after a restart .. then I get the usual miscrosoft up scale.  If I shut down and then come up, no sound.  Any thoughts from anyone?  I've look at device manager and system sounds and see no clues there.

AFin2017
What's DOS?
Views: 529
Message 4 of 6

Got my refurbisshed X1 Gen 4 today with the similar issue, except that sounds goes on and off. Reinstalling sound card drivers did not help. I can see sound level indicator bars going up and down but nothing comes out of the speaker.

EDIT: disabling bluetooth did not resolve it.

LynnSam
Paper Tape
Views: 519
Message 5 of 6

What finally worked for me (and I found this on my own after Lenovo had uninstalled and reinstalled driver) was .. on the bottom right of screen there is the speaker icon.  Right click and see how playback devices are set up.  Mine were NOT set for the speaker (Conexant smartaudio etc.).  Was surprised that Lenovo support over the phone didn't catch this, but someone on another site on the internet had.

AFin2017
What's DOS?
Views: 489
Message 6 of 6

In my case, i had a physical problem with the speakers.

Sent the laptop back to Lenovo maintainance unit and received it fixed 2 days later! Very impressive efficiency!

Sound works great since then. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors