Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHH1
Paper Tape
Views: 463
Message 1 of 5

Changing SSD in a Yoga X1

I want to replace the existing 256G SSD in my Yoga X1 with a 1TB SSD. At present I have a Samsung PM871 which is an M.2 with a SATA 6Gb interface. I presume the replacement needs to be M.2, but what other requirements are there? For instance, does it have to be SATA 6Gb? Or will PCIe work too, and would it be better? Would a Samsung 850 EVO M.2 1TB be suitable?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 439
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changing SSD in a Yoga X1

PCIe drives were used in that model, like an SM951a, fru 00JT074.  Safest is to use a drive that was offered in the machine.  The 850 is a retail drive and I would expect it to work, but I always suggest checking the return policy.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
JHH1
Paper Tape
Views: 419
Message 3 of 5

When I look at my system information it says I have a Samsung MZNLN256HCHP-000L7, and according to the Samsung website this is a PM871 which is a 256 GB Serial ATA 6.0 Gbps M.2. This is the SSD I am looking at replacing.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 400
Message 4 of 5

I understood what you meant.  I was trying to say that the system was sold with both SATA and PCIe drives,, so either can work.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
JHH1
Paper Tape
Views: 371
Message 5 of 5

Thank you richk you've answered my question

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors