cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert74567
Blue Screen Again
Views: 906
Message 1 of 2

Changing thinkvantage key and fn+function keys: How do you do it?

I really hated the lenovo utilities, and decided not to reinstall them after  formatting.

However, I do think that they put very useful fn+function keys, and would still like to use them, as well as the thinkvantage button.

Functionally, I would like to use them all the same, just with the windows equivalents.

I am running windows 7 64bit

This is what I am most concerned with:

ThinkVantage --> Control Panal

fn + f3 --> Windows Power Options

fn + f5 --> Windows Network and Sharing Center

Can this be easily done? If so, how? If it is not EASY, is it POSSIBLE?

Also, after I formated the graphic that used to pop up for the  + and - and mute sound buttons stopped showing up. The buttons still functionally work, but the little % bar doesnt pop up anymore. How can I get this back?

Thanks for helping

Rob

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Views: 841
Message 2 of 2

Re: Changing thinkvantage key and fn+function keys: How do you do it?

Hello mate,

Have to install Hotkey Features Integration : http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-74261

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors