05-15-2019 06:11 AM - edited 05-15-2019 06:16 AM
In the past few days my laptop slowly degraded, starting with docking station connectivity not working (but does work with other laptops), then HDMI port not working (HDMI screen and cable works with other laptops), and now system no longer charges. Current status is that all USB-C ports (including charge) and HDMI port and not functioning. Computer doesn't charge when it is off, too.
I've looked at multiple solutions and threads on this website without any real solution. I've already tried -
- run Lenovo Vantage a few times to check updates. Did the same on the Lenovo product website (using auto-discovery of serial #), everything is fully updated
- Turned on/off Thunderbolt Service (on the Windows 10 control panel) - I turned it on and automatic but it always returns to Manual
- Searched in the Device Manager for Thunderbolt (anything) - it's not there
- Uninstalled and re-installed Thunderbolt software from the Lenovo website (both controller driver and FW, file names n1nta05w.exe and n1nth08w.exe)
- Went to the BIOS/Configuration - enabled and disabled again all Thunderbolt related options
- Used Paperclip to do hard reset using the emergency reset button
Any ideas what left to be done?
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-15-2019 12:40 PM
Welcome to the community forums.
If you already done the hard reset and still having the same issue. This is a hardware issue already. We recommend to visit the nearest service provider in your area for further assistance.
Please use this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/serviceprovider
05-16-2019 03:33 AM
Just had the onsite replacement of the motherboard, seems like things are back to normal. Unfortunate that we had to go through this but at least it works now.