cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slovo1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 260
Message 1 of 3

Charge/Dock/HDMI Not working on X1 Yoga Gen 2 Type 20JD (0050IV) - Thunderbolt issue?

Hi all,

In the past few days my laptop slowly degraded, starting with docking station connectivity not working (but does work with other laptops), then HDMI port not working (HDMI screen and cable works with other laptops), and now system no longer charges. Current status is that all USB-C ports (including charge) and HDMI port and not functioning. Computer doesn't charge when it is off, too. 

I've looked at multiple solutions and threads on this website without any real solution. I've already tried - 

- run Lenovo Vantage a few times to check updates. Did the same on the Lenovo product website (using auto-discovery of serial #), everything is fully updated

- Turned on/off Thunderbolt Service (on the Windows 10 control panel) - I turned it on and automatic but it always returns to Manual

- Searched in the Device Manager for Thunderbolt (anything) - it's not there

- Uninstalled and re-installed Thunderbolt software from the Lenovo website (both controller driver and FW, file names n1nta05w.exe and n1nth08w.exe)

- Went to the BIOS/Configuration - enabled and disabled again all Thunderbolt related options 

- Used Paperclip to do hard reset using the emergency reset button

Any ideas what left to be done? 

Thanks!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 238
Message 2 of 3

Re: Charge/Dock/HDMI Not working on X1 Yoga Gen 2 Type 20JD (0050IV) - Thunderbolt issue?

Hi Slovo1!

Welcome to the community forums. 

If you already done the hard reset and still having the same issue. This is a hardware issue already. We recommend to visit the nearest service provider in your area for further assistance.

Please use this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/serviceprovider

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Slovo1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 226
Message 3 of 3

Re: Charge/Dock/HDMI Not working on X1 Yoga Gen 2 Type 20JD (0050IV) - Thunderbolt issue?

Just had the onsite replacement of the motherboard, seems like things are back to normal. Unfortunate that we had to go through this but at least it works now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors