IT

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Charging my Thinkpad X390

2020-10-13, 10:11 AM

Hello,

Sorry if I am creating a new thread of a subject already existing, but I could not find the correct answer I was looking for.

I just bought a Thinkpad X390 and I read on the internet that you could charge it with a normal USB-C phone charger.

I have a normal wall adapter (the brick) with a USB-A to USB-C cable which does not work for me: it does not charge!

Could it be that the cable is not USB-C to USB-C? Would this solve the issue?

I am looking for a way to bring with me a lightweight charger (lighter than the usual power adapter that came with the computer) just to give that extra juice in case I need it.

Could someone help me in solving this issue and perhaps confirm that a USB-C to USB-C cable with the proper wall adapter could work?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Options

1234 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

144 Signins

6636 Page Views

• Views: 6636
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Charging my Thinkpad X390

2020-10-13, 10:56 AM

Hello Simonec97,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I do not believe a USB-A to USB-C has enough power transfer to be able to power a laptop battery, smart devices yes, but laptops no. I'd recommend trying with a USB-C to USB-C charger. 

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete