Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z3019494
Punch Card
Views: 1,146
Message 1 of 1

Combo jack microphone plugged into headset/mic TRRS splitter not working

Hi all

The X230T, which I own, of course has one of these combo jacks that will take in the 4 pole, 3.5mm (TRRS) headset/mic combo devices, such as an iPhone headset with mic.

I have one of these adaptors, with a 3 pole (regular) headphone plugged into the Speaker hole, and another 3 pole (regular) microphone plugged into the microphone hole.

If I half-unplug the microphone from the microphone hole on the adaptor, then I can hear from the microphone, but the webcam's dual-array microphones are still active, producing a lot of noise of course.

If I plug the microphone all the way into the adaptor, then I can only hear from the webcam's microphone!

The strange thing is, this adaptor with the same headphone/microphone plugged in, works on other phones and devices that take this combo port, i.e. phone transmits voice that is going into the microphone that has been plugged in.

So the phone works, but the laptop doesn't. I have all the updated drivers from Lenovo on the Realtek sound card. What can I do????  Smiley Mad

I am on Windows 8.1 Pro.

Thanks in advance

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors