Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

06-25-2008

Sevilla (Spain)

32 Signins

256 Page Views

• Views: 256
  • Message 1 of 6

Connectivity lost after updating Rescue & Recovery and deleting old backup copies

2012-01-09, 12:46 PM

Hi there. Trying to obtein more HD free capacity  I first updated Rescue&Recovery software and i deleted some old backup copies: Finally i made a new copy (it took hours...) and then....THE LAPTOP LOST ALL THE CONNECTIVITIES!! The laptop do not "see" any wireless signal and do not detect the ethernet cable. Not only that, the Restore Points (Windows Restore app) were all deleted so I can't get back!

Trying to see what was happening I took a look to Devices Administrator (My PC>System Information>) where a few new lines has appeared in Network Adapters and all of them with a yellow circle with "!" . All of them mention at the end "....TVT Packed Filter Miniport". Lenovo Service (by phone) told me "your coverage is outdated but considering it happened after you downloaded R&R... here's the solution: Find documents DS000616 and DS004118 in Google, download and install them, 7iwc28ww.exe and 7kra26ww.exe , these are the drivers for LAN Adapter and Wireless". I have done this but the problem continues. 

I use an X61s, Type 7669 3KG with 3 GB RAM (originally 2GB, i added 1 more some weeks ago) and W-XP-SP3.

Please help, I have to work with this machine!!.

Answer
Options

17 Posts

06-25-2008

Sevilla (Spain)

32 Signins

256 Page Views

Re: Connectivity lost after updating Rescue & Recovery and deleting old backup copies

2012-01-10, 16:23 PM

Hi!. What i've done (yesterday.... I was so desperate that i tried to solve it by myself) is disabling all the devices (Devices manager) with problems (yellow circle and "!") and then trying to unable ithese again. By this action the computer find the hardware "disabled" to AUTOMATICALLY start searching new or old drivers....and "voilá" it found all except two, which are not needed (apparently). So, the problem is solved, although the technical process was not very scientific.

It's curious, before wrting to this Forum I tried to uninstall the hardware affected but the Devices Manager said "No, this component is needed to start the computer" so I gave up...yesterday it allowed to me to disabled them. 

Thanks for your help in any case, this Forum is fantastic thanks to people like you.

Regards,
  Alfonso 

Replies(5)
Options

1337 Posts

12-20-2011

Malaysia

1524 Signins

18366 Page Views

• Views: 18366
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Connectivity lost after updating Rescue & Recovery and deleting old backup copies

2012-01-09, 14:47 PM
Download ThinkVantage System Update and run it to ensure all drivers are downloaded.

*Non Lenovo employee*

Options

17 Posts

06-25-2008

Sevilla (Spain)

32 Signins

256 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2012-01-09, 15:08 PM

Thanks but... how to download it again while the laptop is not able to access internet in any way?. I'm writting from another (lent) computer. 

Alfonso

Options

1337 Posts

12-20-2011

Malaysia

1524 Signins

18366 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2012-01-10, 15:14 PM
oooo ... sorry I didn't know that ... hmmm when you try to install the WLAN and LAN drivers, are there any error messages?

Try to extract the drivers into C:\ first then in device manager, click on the device with the yellow (!) then click search hardware, when prompted for driver, point it to the path which the driver was extracted to. Try to install the driver that way and see if it helps.

//JamJus

*Non Lenovo employee*

Answer
Options

17 Posts

06-25-2008

Sevilla (Spain)

32 Signins

256 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2012-01-10, 16:23 PM

Hi!. What i've done (yesterday.... I was so desperate that i tried to solve it by myself) is disabling all the devices (Devices manager) with problems (yellow circle and "!") and then trying to unable ithese again. By this action the computer find the hardware "disabled" to AUTOMATICALLY start searching new or old drivers....and "voilá" it found all except two, which are not needed (apparently). So, the problem is solved, although the technical process was not very scientific.

It's curious, before wrting to this Forum I tried to uninstall the hardware affected but the Devices Manager said "No, this component is needed to start the computer" so I gave up...yesterday it allowed to me to disabled them. 

Thanks for your help in any case, this Forum is fantastic thanks to people like you.

Regards,
  Alfonso 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1337 Posts

12-20-2011

Malaysia

1524 Signins

18366 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2012-01-10, 16:31 PM
@aluciovillegas,

Glad you have the problem solved =D ... Also appreciate you posting back your findings.

*Non Lenovo employee*

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms