Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maheshkr9
Serial Port
Views: 1,006
Message 1 of 3

DIM display after upgrading to FHD screen in X250

Hi,

I need help here, i am using a x250 with ips hd screen and decided to upgrade to FHD and  ordered the display from Lenovo and when technician changed the display and after that there was kind of NO DISPLAY on screen like it's so dim that you can't able to see it, but if you look very closely then you'll see very very dark display. External monitor is showing display. Now after this tech arranged for LCD Display cable and changed that but again the issue was same. Now they decided that might be MB is faulty and ordered for a MB. Now I am waiting for it to arrive. Meanwhile i just want to know what is the issues.

All driveres are updated.

i7 Machine

Win 10

16GB RAM

Please help and guide.

Regards

MK

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 980
Message 2 of 3

Re: DIM display after upgrading to FHD screen in X250

There are 2 choices.  The tech might have blown a fuse on the motherboard, but my guess is that he/she damaged either the hall sensor (LCD lid close switch) or the cable that goes to it.  The cable is fragile if you try to move it or unplug it from the sensor.  If it is the cable, the camera might also be affected.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
maheshkr9
Serial Port
Views: 943
Message 3 of 3

Re: DIM display after upgrading to FHD screen in X250

Hi Richk,

Thanks for your suggestions. Camera is working fine. Now if it's a fuse blown on MB then they are sending the New MB to me. However it it's regarding the LCD LID switch....please tell me where it's located. any pic will be a great support. Engg. here are not that knwlegable that they can idetify it.

Thanks !

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors