Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genealogyxie
Paper Tape
Views: 17,721
Message 1 of 7

Devices can't connect to Mobile Hotspot

When other devices try to connect to my mobile hotspot (Thinkpad is under Windows 10 on a 3rd gen x1 carbon), it shows "failed to connect to network "<SSID>": DHCP lookup failed.

I tried using MaryFi and Connectify before (I forgot that Thinkpads came with this ability) and they didn't work. 

Then I tried Mobile Hotspot in Lenovo Settings and it didn't work so I uninstalled the 3rd party programs and rebooted and Mobile Hotspot still doesn't work.

I'd try reinstalling Lenovo Settings but I don't see how to do that.

UPDATE: I reinstalled Lenovo Settings and the problem is still there

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 17,653
Message 2 of 7

Re: Devices can't connect to Mobile Hotspot

That's because laptop itself must be on active network connection such as LAN or devices that connects won't be able to fetch DHCP ip

kash664
Paper Tape
Views: 17,370
Message 3 of 7

I am facing an issue where my laptop hag working mobile hotspot but currently I cannot connect any of my devices to mobile hotspot and also the hotspot stops working after some time

Corkozz55
What's DOS?
Views: 16,804
Message 4 of 7

Just purchased a Lenovo h50 tower. Set up went fine. I'm using internet on a att netgear Mobil hotspot which worked for the first day and half of today. Came home from work and Now it won't connect even though the hotspot says it is. I also use a think pad on the same hotspot and that works fine just as always I tried my phone As a hot spot and h50 tower works fine on the phone but not on my original hotspot anymore.  I don't want to continue to use my phone as the hotspot. Any suggestions. I've tried the troubleshoot and resetting network settings. No luck. Two days old and trouble already. 

HotspotDontWork
What's DOS?
Views: 3,562
Message 5 of 7

How is this solution? Just an answer as to why it doesn't work. Is Mobile hotspot tethering possible with a Lenovo thinkpad ? not with mine it seems
HotspotDontWork
What's DOS?
Views: 3,562
Message 6 of 7

any answer or solution here? I'm guessing Lenovo know how to fix this. Or is it a fault on older machines..
AishwaryaK
What's DOS?
Views: 916
Message 7 of 7

This doesn't help too.. I can  connect to other mobiles on my HP Laptop.. But only this phones network is not detected on my Laptop.. Tethering works fine, but looses connection in a while...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors