cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bertilak
Punch Card
Views: 220
Message 1 of 5

Did I create my USB recovery drive correctly?

I think I created a USB recovery drive but don't know if I did It properly. Here is some info about it ...

Windows disk management shows the following:
Capture.PNGThe USB disk created

Should there be that unallocated space? Here is what drive E has:

Capture2.PNGDoes that look good?

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 203
Message 2 of 5

Re: Did I create my USB recovery drive correctly?

Hi,

You don't say what tablet or laptop it's for, or whether it was a locally created drive or done via DDRS download.  Makes it a little harder to comment but ... it looks like a DDRS download.  Very much like the one for my X390 Yoga.

32GB is the max FAT32 partition size (as created by Windows, anyway) so that would explain all the empty space.  A 16GB flash drive might have been more appropriate.

My _guess_ is that it's fine.  Does it boot? That might give you some confidence.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

bertilak
Punch Card
Views: 192
Message 3 of 5

Thanks.

It is a Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd.

(I didn't specify because just to get to the point where I could post something I had to go through lots of hoops including one that (supposedly!) "detected" my system configuration down to the serial number and it all started from a link in Lenovo Vantage which already knew that stuff anyway. I guess  everything isn't fully integrated -- just enough to make one think it is!)

The USB drive was created using a program downloaded from Lenovo called USBRecoveryCreator.exe.

I was going to do it all over again but it said I did it once and am not allowed a second chance!  The process left almosrt 200 files scattered on my desktop so I wasn'r sure the process completed properly.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 176
Message 4 of 5

Here's what mine for an X390Y looks like.  12,674,141,991 bytes. Yours won't be the same size but should at least be in the ballpark.

I do these a lot.  Make sure I have it drop the files into a separate folder.  Definitely not my desktop Smiley Wink

This is pulled from my recovery archive.  FWIW, one can archive or duplicate by just copying the files to an archive location or another FAT32 flash drive.

[edit to add] Moving the thread to the X forum.

Z.

X390Y DDRS Recovery Files.PNG

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

bertilak
Punch Card
Views: 163
Message 5 of 5

Thanks.

Everything looks "close enough!" so I think I am AOK.  Thanks again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors