Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jennytm
Paper Tape
Views: 635
Message 1 of 4

Did not receive the upgraded CPU as paid for.

I ordered a X230 laptop.  It came in yesterday, but the CPU which I had paid extra for was not installed. I paid extra to have a 3.3 Ghz processor installed as the CPU. I received a 2.6 Ghz processor.

I have been going around in circles.

First, earlier in the day, I chatted with a representative on Lenovo for a few minutes, and then was directed to call the Sales Line. In the Sales Line, the rep told me it was because my laptop was not in the "high performance" mode. When I came home from work to check, it was still the same in the high performance mode-- a 2.6 Ghz CPU processor.

i had sent an email the day before and received a message from the represenative stating about my "memory". However, the issue is regarding the CPU processor not the memory. The rep in the email stated that I should call technical support . I had called technical support and they stated that the issue would not be resolved by them because this was a sales issue-- due to the nature that the wrong CPU had been sent to me intially.

I am upset because I had confidence in receiving what I had ordered and paid extra for.

I need a computer to do work and (most importantly) to study.

Please advise and help me! 

rsz_cpu_jenny_tm_wrong_one_installed.jpg

Edit: the processor which should have been installed, should have been a : Intel Core i5-3320M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.3 Ghz)

Coronadoisdead
Token Ring
Views: 615
Message 2 of 4

Re: Did not receive the upgraded CPU as paid for.

If I were you I would download, and run CPUID/CPU-Z, that will tell you exactly what CPU is installed in your system.

http://www.cpuid.com/

That is the link to that program.  it is free and should put your mind at ease or give you evidence of a manufacturing error.

EDIT:  Sorry, just realized that your pic does indeed show a 3320.  The 2.6ghz must just be what your system needed at that point.  Try running some benchmark software with the battery installed while plugged into the AC adapter and see what it reaches.

Coronadoisdead
Token Ring
Views: 612
Message 3 of 4

Here is a comparison for you:

Link to image

As you can see, my max is stated at 2.60, but it is hitting 2.8 there.  Going above 2.6 (up to 3.3) is a turbo boost feature, and it is not just set that high all the time.

Moderator note: images larger than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 609
Message 4 of 4

You do have the processor which is described by Intel as "Core™ i5-3320M Processor
(3M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz)."

The i5-3320M Clock Speed is 2.6 GHz.  The Max Turbo Frequency is 3.3 GHz

The Intel specs for the processor are here..... http://ark.intel.com/products/64896/Intel-Core-i5-3320M-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz

Actual CPU speed at any point in time will depend on your power settings and activity.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors