Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThinkPadBrah
Punch Card
Views: 364
Message 1 of 2

Disable Unnecessary Lenovo Services?

There are so many Lenovo services and other crap that are activated to run at startup. I would like to know if I can disable some of them. Can I safely disable the below services?

Lenovo Intelligent Thermal Solution Service
Lenovo Platform Service
Lenovo PM Service
SynTPEnh Caller Service
Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework service

surahman
SCSI Port
Views: 308
Message 2 of 2

Re: Disable Unnecessary Lenovo Services?

Try disabling them from services.msc and see how it affects your system - the only one I am concerned with is the first one. I would leave those last items on your list because they correspond to the Synaptics touchpad and cooling solutions.

I don't know if this is an option for you but when I get a machine the first thing I do is update the BIOS. The next step is a complete flash of the OS followed by all updates - this serves to remove all bloatware; windows will generally install the latest stable drivers for your hardware.

Next step is to install a complete A/V suite to take over from the OS as well as drive encryption in preparation for data and usage.

This will effect your OOB experience with somethings requiring manual setup, such as biometrics, display profiles, etc., as windows will not have the drivers for the h/w off-bat.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals