Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-31-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 3

Disable touchpad while typing? [X1 Yoga 6th Gen]

2021-04-07, 17:57 PM

Hello,

I want to disable the touchpad while typing. With the larger touchpad on the 6th Gen Yoga, I'm constantly bumping it and it moves my cursor. I'm certain this was an option on previous X1 Carbon editions. There's an option to disable while mouse is connected, which is not what I want. 

Any advice how to disable this while typing?

Options

8950 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77737 Signins

2225250 Page Views

• Views: 2225250
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Disable touchpad while typing? [X1 Yoga 6th Gen]

2021-04-07, 20:05 PM

Hi,

As a TrackPoint user, my first and favorite suggestion is to just turn off the touchpad entirely ;)  I usually do that on my ThinkPads.

But good question.  Just took a look around my X1YG6 and I don't see anything like "palm rejection" as an option. Some posts on the interweb suggest setting the sensitivity to the lowest possible.  Does that help at all?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

6 Posts

03-31-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Disable touchpad while typing? [X1 Yoga 6th Gen]

2021-04-08, 2:17 AM
I've tried that setting, but it doesn't seem to do much. For now I'll just disable the touchpad. That's not ideal at all, but it'll eliminate the issue for now. :(
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms