Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wuga
SCSI Port
Views: 4,489
Message 1 of 3

Display turns red on X1C6 with Windows 10 1903

After 1903, display always turn RED !!! Contacted Lenovo Tech Support in Singapore, they said i enabled "Night Light", seriously ?!?!

I removed Lenovo Vantage and reboot, tada - SOLVED !!!

PS: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Display-turns-red-on-both-P1-and-P70-wit...

2.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

Highlighted
wuga
SCSI Port
Views: 4,451
Message 2 of 3

Re: Display turns red on X1C6 with Windows 10 1903

UPDATE 2019/5/28:

Another easier way is to reset the "Eye Care Mode" setting in Vantage, you do not need to uninstall.

image.png

galfert
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,266
Message 3 of 3

Re: Display turns red on X1C6 with Windows 10 1903 and also on T440s and Probably other Thinkpads

I experienced the same problem of screen turning redish orange after booting up on my T440s running Windows 10 1903. At first I thought the backlight was going out or display inverter was going out. I swapped out the hard drive and tested with an original Windows 7 image. It ran all day without issue. It was at that point that I thought my Windows 10 was messed up. The minute I disabled the Display Dirver in Device Manager the problem instantly fixed itself, but upon reboot the driver got reinstalle automatically and the red tint problem returned. I thought I was going to need to format and reload Windows, reinstall programs and restore data and I fretted doing that work for nothing. I searched the Internet and I did not stumble on this thread with the solution inside of Lenovo Vantage app. After exhasuting every option in Windows regarding the display I then got the idea to look inside of Lenovo Vantage and that is where I found the problem with Eye Care Mode defaulting to 1200K! Unbelievable how that little setting was causing me so much aggravation. The worst part was that I had to do all this troubleshooting while struggling to see with such a poor visibility and everything so dark and orange red. I did do some searching on a different computer but that yeilded nothing. I hope that this write-up enables and seeds search engines so that they may more easily find this solution than what I went through.

SOLUTION (already mentioned above)

- Lenovo Vantage

- Hardware Settings / Audio-Visual

- Eye Care Mode, slide color temperature up from 1200K to at least 5000K or in my case all the way up to 6500K.

* This problem happens even when Eye Care Mode is set to OFF. You MUST slide the color temperature to the desired level.

To Lenovo:

Why did you even enable this Eye Care Mode to go down so low to 1200K? I can't see anyone ever needing that setting. And why would you ever default to that level? I wonder how many people are ditching their perfectly good computers thinking that the backlight or some other hardware problem has occured?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors