Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybercrypt13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,074
Message 1 of 6

Docking station not working entirely

I just purchased a Thinkpad X1 Extreme with docking station.  I have 2 monitors plugged in which work perfectly.  However, none of the USB ports seem to be working.  I have a mic plugged in along with a keyboard and speakers.  The only sound that plays is on the computer itself and the external keyboard and mic don't show up at all.

When I plug the mic in I don't even get power lights on it so it isn't the computer at the moment but there being no power coming from the docking station.

Anyone have any ideas that I might try?

thanks,

cybercrypt13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,069
Message 2 of 6

Re: Docking station not working entirely

After a bit more playing I have confirmed that NONE of the usb ports on this docking station are working at all. This is the newer style docking station that comes with the X1 Extreme. I guess I need to call Lenovo.
zherocharisma
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,065
Message 3 of 6

I had to authorize mine from the Thunderbolt Software tray icon to get the USB to work (apparently it will pass through video but not anything else until you do this). Also make sure the firmware and everything is up to date.

cybercrypt13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,063
Message 4 of 6

Thanks,  For those wondering I found a setting in the bios for configure -> Thunderbolt that you have to enable for the passthrough to work.  I enabled it and now everything is golden.

Thanks,

cybercrypt13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,991
Message 5 of 6

My only issue now seems to be that every morning I have to reboot my computer to get everything working again.  Displays seem to lock together as if they are mirror'd but I have no way to separate them as the settings shows them as a single monitor.  As soon as I reboot everything starts working again.

jlc19
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,619
Message 6 of 6

Same issue with T480 laptops and 40AJ docking stations.   What did you change in the BIOS for Thunderbolt (TM) 3 ?

Current settings:

Thunderbolt BIOS Assist Mode [Disabled]

Wake by Thunderbolt (TM) 3 [Enabled]

Support in Pre Boot Environment:

Thunderbolt (TM) [Disabled]

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors