cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atp2005
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 1 of 4

Does This Mean It's Time for Me to get a New Laptop?

Hello community! 

In 2014 I purchased a Lenovo X1 Carbon (gen 2) from Lenovo. It has been a decent computer, but I'm having some issues now and, not being a tech person, am not sure if I should invest in a new computer or see if I can get this one fixed. The problem is I recently moved to Nepal for work, and my extended warranty (which I just discovered is only a hardware warranty...) runs out in 40 days. Here are some screen shots of my problems:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGComputer Issue December 2017.PNG

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions! 

garymiller
Paper Tape
Views: 127
Message 2 of 4

Re: Does This Mean It's Time for Me to get a New Laptop?

It doesn;t necessarily means that you need to change your whole laptop. These types of error are commonly caused by a corrupt Windows or because of a faulty piece of hardware. Let's solve this problem step-by-step: 

• Step 1: Reinstall Windows

80% of these issues are mostly solved by reinstalling windows, but if this BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) is constantly coming even during the Windows installation, then go for Step 2: 

• Step 2: Check Hardware Parts

First off, clean your laptop's ram and use a blower to blow off dust from within the laptop. Moreover, look for HDD cables and fan functionality. 

• Step3: You still have warranty left

As you said that you still have warranty left, so try to avail that and see where that takes you. It's advisable that you save money by availing the warranty. 

The last step is purchasing a new laptop. As you are a lenovo user and are looking for another Lenovo I would suggest going with Lenovo Y700, as its high-end specs would able to suffice your daily requirements. 

Admin note; link removed

garymiller
Paper Tape
Views: 131
Message 3 of 4

I typed a whole response to your query, but I don't know it's not showing up here and I even forgot to save it. :-( By the way, I suggested you to go for Lenovo Y700 if you're looking for a new Lenovo.

Admin note; link removed.

Guru
Views: 157
Message 4 of 4

It seems, that your SSD disk have some problems and needs to be replaced. I would advice to contact Lenovo's service center and request SSD disk replacement. Make sure to copy all your data before sending the device.

------

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors