Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-06-2021

Thailand

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Dual Monitors not working

2021-02-06, 15:04 PM

Hi Guys, 

I am trying to connect my x13 to two Samsung monitors, I am using a type c docking station with HDMI together with the machine HDMI, the problem is that it is not working stimulatingly with my 2 Samsung monitors, I went to the Lenovo shop where I bought my ThinkPad, they have connected it to their monitors with my docking station and magically it worked (same setting), I came back home to my own monitors and again or that the HDMI is working or the Type C is working not together.
I have replaced both HDMI cables and still nothing.

My only assumption left for me that I can think about is that Lenovo and Samsung do no like each other :)

Any thoughts or advice will be highly appreciated.

Options

1325 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

90 Signins

6652 Page Views

• Views: 6652
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Dual Monitors not working

2021-02-08, 14:32 PM

Hello Tarsg,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

I suggest that you follow the recommended steps here:
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x13-type-20uf-20ug/20uf/solutions/ht504806-docks-and-docking-stations-solution-links

Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

02-06-2021

Thailand

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-09, 2:18 AM

Hi Lorenzo, 

Thank you for trying to assist but the link that you have offered refers to Lenovo Docking stations only while my docking device is not Lenovo.

I could go and buy one of the devices on the list if I knew it will work, but the fact that my computer did work with two Lenovo screens (at the shop) indicates to me that my docking station is perfectly fine.

I have updated again all drivers on my computer and still can't get two screens to work simultaneously.

Again, any offer will be highly appreciated.@ Lorenzo_Lenovo wrote:

Hello Tarsg,

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x13-type-20uf-20ug/20uf/solutions/ht504806-docks-and-docking-stations-solution-links

Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

@ Lorenzo_Lenovo wrote:

Hello Tarsg,

Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Options

1325 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

90 Signins

6652 Page Views

• Views: 6652
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-09, 19:31 PM

Hello Tarsg,

Have you used the monitors before? I mean with other computers?
If yes, perhaps resetting the monitors would be a big help since they might be using the previous configuration.
Otherwise, perform a power drain on the monitors, then try it again with the X13.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms