Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bullerd
Paper Tape
Views: 348
Message 1 of 4

EM7455 crashing X1 Yoga 1st gen after sleep

Has anybody else seen this or can you recreate the problem?

The Sierra Wireless EM7455 LTE card keeps crashing the PC. 

But exactly as follows.....

You are connected to the internet using the EM7455.  You sleep the PC while connected.  You wake the PC.  EM7455 cannot connect again.  EM7455 is also lost from Device Manager.  A scan for new hardware just hangs and freezes the Device Manager window. 

The only option is to restart the PC.  BUT...if you sleep or hibernate at this point (instead of restart) the PC crashes with BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe error).  This happens every time, without exception. 

All the drivers are the latest, currently 7.44.4709.0102.  Firmware is 2.24.03.  I tried to upgrade to 2.24.05 from Sierra Wireless but it keeps reverting to 2.24.03 (must be a Lenovo OEM things that prevents the update). 

Any ideas?  (apart from disconnecting before sleep!)

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 324
Message 2 of 4

Re: EM7455 crashing X1 Yoga 1st gen after sleep

Hello

I'd advice to remove the wwan card and resolve the BSOD issue, find its actual source. If the BSOD will remain, get it error code to troubleshoot.

Note, remove the wwan card while the AC charger is unplugged and internal battery is disabled in the BIOS Setup.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

bullerd
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 3 of 4

Thanks

But there is no BSOD issue except in the sitation with the wwan card.

No card, no BSOD.

In fact you dont actually see BSOD.  It just does not resume from sleep, it just hangs with key lights on and black screen.  Then it restarts itself, leaving the dump file with the ntoskrnl.exe error.

But anyway, you see my point, if i remove the card, I dont have a problem.  The problem seems to be with the card.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 313
Message 4 of 4

Sorry, could you confirm - there isn't any issue (BSOD or resuming from the sleep mode) without wwan card installed?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors