Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreamer_toons
Punch Card
Views: 708
Message 1 of 1

Erratic Movements from Trackpad and Touchpad

Hi all, 

Having puchased a X1 Carbon few days ago, I realised that my trackpad and touchpad are acting erractically when I use the mouse at the same time. I detected these erractic movements due to some accidental touching of the trackpad and touchpad. 

For example; my trackpad cursor would display a vertical and horizontal scrolling icons when I move the trackpad and I could not scroll my document using my mouse and touchpad. The scrolling icons would disappear after a short while and I would no longer move the cursor with the trackpad. However, the trackpad and mouse are able to move the cursor. However, scrolling remain unresponsive. I restart the machine and all is fine again till I tried to control the cursor with the trackpad again. I tried to disable the trackpad and touchpad since I have a mouse connected but only the trackpad can be disable. 

This is my first Thinkpad and I assume users will disable both the trackpad and touchpad with a connected mouse. I do not know if these problem exist out of the box since I connect the mouse to it on my 3rd day of usage and I found them due to the accidental touching of the trackpad last night. Further trial and error confirmed their erratic movements. I tried to re-install the drivers and navipoint but the issue remained. 

Is my trackpad and mousepad having problem for these erratic movements and by default, both the trackpad and touchpad cannot be disabled in Thinkpad? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors