05-01-2018

CH

38 Signins

374 Page Views

• Views: 374
  • Message 101 of 103

Re: Excessive Battery Drain while ThinkPad X1 Yoga Laptop Sleeps

2019-06-15, 19:34 PM

Same here, after S3 sometimes the touchscreen/pen will not work, or the WWAN card, or ethernet.

Options

4 Posts

12-04-2019

US

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 102 of 103

2019-12-05, 14:47 PM

So in the post above by leitsda I read that starting with BIOS 1.34 we can enable the S3 sleep state.

In this thread I found that it is in the BIOS under Power > Sleep State > and is now called "Linux" . I'm on BIOS version 1.36 right now- https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lenovo_ThinkPad_X1_Yoga_(Gen_3)

After I enabled this setting and ran a powercfg -a it shows the Standby (S3) sleep state is available on my system (this is good).

At first I thought this was a good solution. When I click power and tell the computer to sleep, it sleeps correctly. Or if I close the lid, the computer sleeps correctly. I have the lid close action on battery set to sleep.

The problem that I have noticed is that when I tell the computer to sleep (and I give it a few seconds to actually sleep) then close the lid, the laptop light on top of the lid will turn solid red and indicate that it has woken itself up from sleep. I can verify this by opening the lid and seeing that the screen is already displaying and network is connected. This could be a problem and still lead to a dead battery and/or hot laptop in bag. 

Can anyone else with the X1 Yoga Gen 3 reproduce this issue and does anyone have any solutions?
I tested putting a different computer model (P52s) to sleep and then closing the lid and the computer stays asleep with the red light flashing, it does not wake up.
Options

1 Posts

09-24-2019

US

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 103 of 103

2019-12-27, 17:47 PM
Thanks, I'll be trying this out now.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete