Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thnkhckpd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 749
Message 71 of 92

Re: Excessive Battery Drain while ThinkPad X1 Yoga Laptop Sleeps

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1C6-BIOS-1-34-update-halved-my-battery-time-...

Quote:

When Vantage checks for updates, it downloads and runs several small EXEs (we call them detection EXEs) that are used to check firmware versions so that Vantage knows whether there is an available update for your system.  One of these detection EXEs wrongly disabled USB selective suspend.  We fixed the detection EXE as soon as we realized what was happening but then we still needed to fix the PCs that were impacted.  That's what the new patch is for.

Highlighted
Omeroz
Paper Tape
Views: 213
Message 72 of 92

x1 Yoga 3rd Gen battery drain during sleep

Hi there,

There are long threads about this topic and I reviewed them but I could not find a solution.

I purchased an X1 yoga recently and I am experiencing battery drain during sleep, on modern standby periods.

I ran a sleep study and according to the report, Nvme controller is active for most of the sleep period, there is also an unregistered device, which is also active during that time period. 

I reviewed potential solutions, I updated all windows and nvme drivers from intel but it still drains 1% battery/hour during sleep. 

I don't know what else I can do. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

MatthewZhao
Paper Tape
Views: 598
Message 73 of 92

exactly the same problem... and it is terrible while being out of office. any update / solution / fix from lenovo?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 587
Message 74 of 92

Hi MatthewZhao, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

Just checkin' that you are aware that there are two ways to "shut down" when heading out of the office. Clicking on Shut down puts the machine into Modern Standby, which has some benefits such as fast startup, with battery drain trade offs. Shift-click on Shut down and the machine shuts down completely. Startup then takes longer, but no battery drain. I have an X1 Carbon 6th Gen and I like Modern Standby because it suits the way I work (I move around a lot) and this is how I use it.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
fushifushi
Paper Tape
Views: 549
Message 75 of 92

I've had my X1 Yoga 3rd Gen for a couple weeks now, and the battery drain during sleep has been maddening.  I've found the sleep behavior to be unpredictable.  Sometimes it'll sleep without much battery drain, and other times some process will be active the entire time and waste the battery.  I never know what I'm going to get in the morning when I wake up my computer.  Will it have gone into hibernation mode?  Will it not revive at all?  Will half of the battery be drained?

Just yesterday evening I charged the computer to 100%.  It is now at 14%, and I've only used it for under 2 hours.  The rest of the time it's been sleeping.  I can't believe I spent $1700 on a computer that has the equivalent battery life of the 7-year-old MacBook Pro it's supposed to replace.  I've adjusted all the setting I could find to reduce this problem, but I'm just not willing to spend all my time diagnosing the battery problems of an expensive new laptop.

Fortunately, Lenovo has authorized a return.  I'll be sending this back.

jinming868
Punch Card
Views: 480
Message 76 of 92

Lenovo,Give Us S3 Sleep For X1 Y3!!!!!!!!!

Lenovo,Give Us S3 Sleep For X1 Y3!!!!!!!!!

my battery consume 40% last one night!!!!!

and the win 10 update!!!!

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

jinming868
Punch Card
Views: 476
Message 77 of 92

i call on every x1 y3 user demand s3 sleep for x1 y3

i call on every x1 y3 user demand s3 sleep for x1 y3!!!

JoTress
Fanfold Paper
Views: 405
Message 78 of 92

Re: i call on every x1 y3 user demand s3 sleep for x1 y3

Lenovo, give us s3 sleep and the possibility to turn off modern sleep!

Patatra
Punch Card
Views: 389
Message 79 of 92

Shame on Lenovo. No S3 support, no WWAN support  on Linux, no fingerprint reader support on Linux...

This was my last buy from them. Will never recommend this brand again.

bianco17
Punch Card
Views: 380
Message 80 of 92

Re: i call on every x1 y3 user demand s3 sleep for x1 y3

Modern standby is an absolutely untenable situation also in my case: Programs will randomly crash or close, battery drain is totally unpredictable and the fan/heat during modern standby is really just a loose cannon and makes you worried about whether it will run hot as a plutonium rod in your bag.

I also demand S3 sleep!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors